Sunday, January 24, 2010

Indoor Sketching

After Oman, Europe is COLD and sketching outside is impossible, at least for me. Combined with settling into a new city, in a new country, and a new job all at the same time, I have plenty of excuses not to draw, but I will!

During my first full week, I sketched the view from my temporary accommodation (I moved out today). This was the first time I had used a brush pen to add colour.

Whilst last Sunday I went to the Galleria Civica D'Arte Moderna e Contemporanea (GAM), where I sketched of an aluminium sculpture by the artist Marisa Merz. The New Year's resolution to concentrate on my preferred medium of pen & ink is, I think, off to a fairly good to start .

  Now, I am looking for some inspiration  for this week's IF theme, which is clumsy, and for which I have no ideas at all.