Saturday, May 15, 2010

EDiM #15 and some coloured pen sketches

Swapping my  EDM challenges around, I did number 15 Draw a tree or trees, leaves or branches today, instead of 14's what you see in the morning when you get up. Above is my loose interpretation of this challenge as I am getting a little bored of drawing objects. I was sat in OZone cafe (for the 2nd time that day) waiting for friends and drew the buildings across the road, framed by palm branches and the bushes of the garden. I started with the phone aerial as that is what first caught my attention.

When studying the buildings here, you notice that nothing is square... balconies on the same floor tilt in different directions. Floors are built up at different times and are also on different angles, but only slightly. Makes everything look slightly off when you draw it. Oh well, that's what urban sketching is about I guess. 
 Friday's first sketches were done with my new coloured pens whilst waiting for a friend to have lunch. OZone is a great space to draw, with lots of people to watch. I'm pleased with the way I suggested the fat man's form without actually drawing an outline. The lady on the left had fuchsia pink glasses, but the rest of her was a drab brown. Were they her touch of rebellion or individuality?

Once again, I apologise for the quality of the pictures on my blog, but I do not have my scanner here and have to rely on my camera.