Monday, May 3, 2010

EDiM - #3 & USk theme - construction.

EDM drawing #3 took a long time... I was not inspired by today's challenge. My best excuse is that I got a bad case of hiccups and couldn't draw, but I refused to give up on EDiM on day 3.

After the hiccups, I sketched the scene above from the bedroom window (9th floor), of a concrete delivery at the construction site just up the road. I found the perspective difficult from this height, but as it is over 40c outside this is the easiest way to sketch during the afternoon. This was drawn for the USk theme of this week.

Before that I had completed my IF illustration Cocoon, and afterwards I popped to the supermarket, had a chat with Sami (a very cute Eritrean guy) and then finally  I drew the challenge. It is my work handbag, which is big enough not only to carry my purse etc. but also my diary, camera, moleskin and various pens.
I recommend you check out the others participating in Everyday in May. They are:
Liz flickr or blog
Alissa flickr
Wendy (QuirkyArtist) flickr or blog
Jennifer Blog flickr
Sandy blog or flickr
Deborah blog
Margaret blog
Anna blog
Marthann blog
Yasemin blog
Carol blog
Anita blog flickr
Matthew flickr
Johanna blog

& finally me.