Tuesday, January 29, 2013

WWSketchCrawl #38 the snow edition

A3 sketchbook ©Sue Pownall 2013
Worldwide SketchCrawl was the other Saturday, and I had planned to join the Urban Sketchers London. Unfortunately, snow fell and settled at my parent's village during Friday evening and night. In the morning I ummmed and ahhhh whether to chance the trip to London. Then, the snow started again as I got into the car to drive to the train station, which made up my mind not to go as I was worried I wouldn't get back from the city.
A3 sketchbook ©Sue Pownall 2013

Instead I took my parent's dog for a walk and once home I sketched my wellies, which are badly out of proportion, and his lead. Later I added my wooly hat to the page. Finally, in the afternoon I drew the dog sleeping on the sofa and the bird table.  Also, I started a rooftop view from my bedroom, but didn't complete it until Monday afternoon.

12 comments:

  1. You are such an inspiration to me this morning! I love how one post is full of great accomplishments and getting published (which is my dream), and the next is simply your daily sketches from your observations that day. You have just revealed the secret to achieving all those other things that you've done... the secret is the daily practice that you put in with such dedication. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katherine. I'm flattered I inspire you.

      The secret - I actually don't draw everyday, I'm too lazy, but I do draw every week, which could be a sketch or work on a finished piece.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you sketched regardless of not being able to get to London. Hats of to you!
    Love the bird table :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra. The bird flew off and didn't return, which was frustrating.

      Delete
  3. Our weather was a bit different to what you're used to, that's for sure. Great sketches as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are not wrong there John. My 1st proper winter in 3 years :)

      Delete
  4. For some reason folks here do not do sketch crawls. Go figure.

    Cool dog and bird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you could arrange one Dan? There are lots of crawls across US, maybe Miami just needs someone to organise it?

      Delete
  5. Way to keep going and find something to sketch! I love the sketch crawl idea. I wonder if they have them in los Angeles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There definitely is an LA group who holds crawls. I suggest you join the forum at sketchcrawl.com Next WWSkCrawl is April 13th.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment.