Monday, June 22, 2015

Urban sketching in Halesworth

St Mary's graveyard, Halesworth. ©Sue Pownall
Yesterday, was the 2nd meeting of the Essex and Suffolk sketchers out at the picturesque village of Halesworth. The venue was chosen as a member had an exhibition there.
My sketching kit

We were very lucky with the weather as the rain didn't start until we were on our way home. We started at the church and then I found a seat outside the White Swan, where I sat and drew the old alms houses. I think the wonky perspective is partially due to wonky building and a lot due to the cider. Next up was a quick sketch over a bowl of organic asparagus soup, then it was time to meet and share our sketches over a cuppa.


Wonky cider-aided perspective. ©Sue Pownall
Lunchtime sketch at Focus Organic
 here are lot more sketching events coming up. You can see the Essex & Suffolk ones here: Essex&SuffolkSketchers or you could send me a message.

Where have you sketched lately?