Sunday, January 31, 2016

A Minibook

pages 2 and 3 ©Sue Pownall
This year, as part of my personal development, I am taking Sketchbook Skool's Expressing class. Last week's lessons were with illustrator Jill Weber and our homework was to write and illustrate a min-book, which we had to make. Our books had to share something about ourselves, so I chose to tell Degas' story.
Unfolded mini-book
My book is still unfinished, the final drawing to complete and the type to ink in, as I've had to work on a couple of other things. This is something very different from what I would normally do, hence the reason to do the course. I enjoyed the whole process but it's frustrating to have life interfere with getting it finished.
Front cover
p4-5
p6-7
Back cover
What do you think? Have you done anything similar? Why not share the link to your work below so I can see it?