Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sketch Muscat June

The group

Due to the time of year, we were a small group who met at Bait Al Zubair museum to sketch on Saturday. I had a phone call from one person saying they'd be late, only thing was that they were 7 days early! I chose this venue as it has amazing artifacts in the main museum as well as an old Omani house. Plenty to occupy us in this hot season when sketching outside is impossible.
Al Hirz A4 sketchbook © Sue Pownall 2012
We started off in the main exhibition rooms and I decided to draw some jewelery - not the best choice for a warm up subject. The Al Hirz are types of necklaces for carrying the Koran. above
Drawing jewelery. Photo by Martin Mtuba
Next up, I attempted an antique coffee pot, which was not overly successful.
WIP
I did 2 more sketches in the old house, which I am also not happy with, before returning to the main museum to sketch some more jewelery.
Sketching in the old house at Bait Al Zubair museum.
Omani jewelery in A4 sketchbook © Sue Pownall 2012
Thank you to Bait Al Zubair and their staff for helping make it a great mornings sketching.