Monday, June 17, 2013

Snow in Oman

EDiM #12 The oldest thing in your fridge.
Sorry, I am still here, I just need a short hiatus from blogging. In fact, I've been having a break from art. I have not sketched since last month and I've only spent about an hour on an overdue commission, with around 27 hours needed to complete it.
#27 Draw something sticky: Omani dates with #20 my favourite drink: tea... complete with Degas' teeth marks.
My mum remains in hospital and whilst there have been small improvements the overall prognosis is not good. My father has carers coming in several times a day to look after him, plus kind neighbours keeping an eye on him. Finally, a lovely lady is walking Nelson for them.

At the end of May, I continued with some of the EDiM challenges, and despite the unforeseen circumstances, including not starting until 3rd, I completed 19/31. In 2010, I drew 30/31. maybe next year I can do them all. I cheated on the last challenge which was draw a houseplant as I don't have any. Instead, a friend & I went for a sketchy lunch where we thought they'd have some. There were plenty of plants outside, but none in, so I drew my cake. Sorry it's a really bad scan.
Not #31 EDiM
Here in Oman, my life has been taken over by my puppy who is very good, for a puppy, but has a very large mischievious streak. Hence the evidence below and post title.
SNOW - aka Degas killed her cushion.
 I should have picked the cushion up instead of getting photographic evidence
Due to finances and Degas I will not be leaving Oman soon, though I will visit mum & dad next month (and see if I can still attend the Urban Sketchers Symposium). I am getting Degas blood tested ready to travel back to Europe, although it takes 3 months for results to come through. The plan is still to move to Barcelona as it is only a couple of hours away from mum & dad.

I apologise for not regularly visiting your blogs, but I will visit when I can.