Saturday, August 24, 2013

The Beach House

The Beach House, 35x25cm Ink. ©Sue Pownall 2013
Having finally completed and delivered a long-over due commission piece, I can now share it here.
Watercolour sketch
I started by visiting the building, taking photos and sketching it in situ. It is a complex building being in 3 parts due to extensions, and this first step was necessary to understand it. Then, I got my lovely client to approve a view and started work.
The approved rough.
Due to the situation with mum and dad, it got horribly delayed as I found it impossible to concentrate. Plus I have Degas who takes up far too much time and attention. However, this week, 2 months late, I delivered it.
Handing it over to my lovely, patient client.

If you would like to commission me to draw your home, please use the contact form on this site.