Sunday, March 22, 2015

Manchester sketchcrawl

Sketching the River Irwell sat on Calatrava's Trinity Bridge
 Yesterday,  I joined the Manchester,  Yorkshire,  and Society of Architectural Illustrators (SAI) for a sketchcrawl in Manchester. It was a surprisingly blue skied sunny day, but with an icy wind, which made outdoor sketching a challenge. As you can see from my sketches below, I alternated between outside and inside locations.
River Irwell from Trinity bridge. Sketch 1
I accidently bought a scone when I went for a warm up cuppa. Sketch 2.
Piano practice in Manchester Central Library's music library. Sketch 3.
Shivering and sketching at the end of the day. Sketch 4.
It was lovely to meet so many sketchers from all over (40+ at the interim lunch meeting) and hope to get up to Manchester and sketch again... albeit in a warmer month.
Show and tell social at the end of the day. Photo by Hakym.