Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sketches from Haramel

After visiting a friend this morning, I diverted to the village of Haramel. I have driven past the signpost to this village numerous times, but have never turned off before. The village is a cute, typically Omani, little fishing village. Whilst the beautiful scene of the fishing boats, beach and background of mountains was inviting me to draw it, some goats nearby grabbed my attention. After attempting to draw them, I then turned my attention to the street scene beyond the dustbins. I did not spend long on the sketches, as being an environmentalist I disagree with excessive running of a car's a/c, but the temperature was already in the mid-30s C, and I wanted to draw. So I compromised, as I was unable to stand outside, by staying in my car a limited time only. I am participating in the 24th Worldwide SketchCrawl on Saturday; today's sketching has shown me that I will need to start early due to the still high temperatures.