Thursday, December 17, 2009

Life drawing class

For the first time in a very long time, on Monday morning I attended a drop-in life drawing class. I was quite pleased with the results, especially on the quick poses, but reverted to drawing "as-you-are-supposed-to" rather than like me for the final long pose :(    It was the first time I had drawn in pencil for a while too, and loved using the 5B for the strong bold strokes, at least until the end when I got all tight and precious about my drawing. Oh well, it was a learning experience.
Above are 2 of the drawings from the morning, the first a 20 minute pose and the bottom one a 35 minute pose, which I moved around to get the three viewpoints.

On the Friday before, after writing in Pompeii that it was to cold to draw outside here in Europe, it was a beautiful morning when I got to Napoli airport, so I stood outside sketching the smokers and phone users.  Then, whilst waiting to board, I drew the man with his laptop (Bottom right).