Thursday, May 5, 2011

Still a WIP

WIP Secret Garden ©Sue Pownall 2011
I have been suffering from lack of sleep and constant headaches for months now, this is my reason for not working on anything other than sketches. Despite new glasses, and wearing them while drawing, I am finding the headaches do not allow me to concentrate on the detail my work needs. However, yesterday I was interviewed by a local newspaper about my organisation of SketchCrawl here in Doha, and in the evening, looking at Secret Garden hanging neglected on the wall I started working it up some more. I worked on and off for about an hour and half before I had to give up. However, it is a stage nearer completion. The left shrub needs strengthening a little... BUT I still need to decide whether to add a tone to the wall and if so, to all of it or with a vignette approach. OR to leave it as it is. What do you think?