Friday, December 30, 2011

Birthday Ballet

 Sue Pownall
I was very lucky in that a friend of a friend had a spare ticket for the sold out performance of Swan Lake at the newly opened Royal Opera House, Muscat. I love going to the ballet!

The costumes and sets were fantastic and the Mariinsky Ballet dancers were amazing. A bonus was that the new building is magnificent both inside and out. There are a couple of photos taken with my Galaxy below.

As you can see, whilst waiting for the performance to start I sketched some of the people in a box. The people I was sat with kindly said that there wasn’t a need for photos with my drawing and also wanted me to do the same to their programme, but then the performance started.

There is another ballet in February, which I hope to get tickets to as well.

Happy New Year everyone. 

I hope 2012 is a very productive one with lots of happiness for you.