Saturday, June 25, 2011

From the sketchbooks.

Ali. Pencil, A6 sketchbook © Sue Pownall 2011
I'm currently working on 2 pen & ink drawings and so haven't posted for a while. Also, I'm trying to limit my computer time as it seems to aggravate my neck problems (so sorry everyone whose blogs I haven't seen nor commentated on). However, following a colleague asking when I was posting next I thought I should post the sketches I have done recently.  

Above - my student Ali working.
Below - 3 sketches from a dhow trip last weekend. I used pencil for a change in A5 sketchbook.
© Sue Pownall 2011
© Sue Pownall 2011
© Sue Pownall 2011
 Fyi the top deck of dhow, where I sketched, photo by M Thomson.

Finally below, from an expat band's performance. Ink in A6.
© Sue Pownall 2011
 btw I wrote this on Wednesday, but due to a problem with blogger I couldn't upload the images and then have had a busy weekend. Sorry for the delay.