Monday, September 3, 2012

It's my 3rd Blogoversary!

 Wow it's been 3 years since I started this blog! 

It started here with An idea of my work  and included drawings like this one, which was sketched in Jordan's Wadi Rum:
A5 sketchbook © Sue Pownall 2005
Sketching and final artwork have dominated the posts, although some of my photography has crept in too, such as this one from Sharjah, UAE:
© Sue Pownall 2009
 The post with the most views was artbased resolutions back in January 2011.
One of the drawings I included in that post was this urban sketch drawn in Torino. It was influenced by the amazing sketches I see on the Urban Sketchers' site and in their flickr group.
At Fiat, Torino © Sue Pownall 2010
 Lots has happened in the last 3 years... little things such as my giving up the pseudonym Travelingsuep... Exciting things have occurred like having drawings exhibited...
Hung at CAS Winter exhibition.
... and 2 books of my sketches & photos published.

Portraits of Khartoum
Cuban Scenes
...As well as interviews in magazines, newspapers and on the radio.
Qatar's Woman Today magazine 2011.
  In the last 3 years, I have followed my nomadic inclination and worked and lived in: Oman, Italy, Sudan, and Qatar. By coincidence, I started the blog in Oman and I'm back in Oman again. I also travelled a little (Beirut, Istanbul, Spain, UAE, Italy, UK, South Africa), with the highlight being my trip to Cuba last year. These countries have influenced all my artwork and sketching a lot. For example, my latest personal work being portraits of Omanis in my Festival Faces  series.
The Grandfather. 240 x 330mm, Pen & ink. ©Sue Pownall 2012
  However, a big influence has come from the people I interact with on the internet through blogs, groups like the Urban Sketchers, and the artists I have met over the last 3 years as a consequence. I always appreciate your comments, thoughts, and advice when you stop by.

Thank you for all your support over the last 3 years
& I hope you continue to stop by.