Sunday, September 23, 2012

PechaKucha Muscat II

Audience A5 sketchbook © Sue Pownall 2012
The 2nd PechaKucha Muscat event was held earlier this month. The venue was too small for the large crowd, so like many my view was obstructed. I did manage to see either the speaker quite well or the screen as the sketch below shows of 1st speaker Mohammed Al Kindy. Mohammed, a graphic designer, was very interesting, and I enjoyed the originality of a young Omani girl talking about her nail art. However, the best speaker in my opinion was Faisal Hameed, a photographer, who was a great speaker, amusing, and had chosen fabulous images to show & talk about.
Speaker Moh'd AlKindy A5 sketchbook © Sue Pownall 2012
Due to the visability, I drew the audience as I listened and the results are at the top of this post and below. 
A5 sketchbook © Sue Pownall 2012

A5 sketchbook © Sue Pownall 2012
PechaKucha Muscat 3 is planned for January. I really hope the team get a bigger venue, spending some of the British Council grant they successfully won, preferably with a stage area, so everyone can sit comfortably and see.