Saturday, August 7, 2010

Blind Contour Friday

Peggy is hosting Blind Contour Fridays over at her site here.

Blind contact drawing is:
... a favourite with drawing teachers to develop hand-eye communication. Contour drawing is essentially outline drawing, and blind contour drawing means drawing the outline of the subject without looking at the paper. The end result doesn't matter - what is important is carefully observing the subject. (source: By , About.com Guide)
I've just seen the invitation to join in, and as I need to improve my basic skills, and even though it's a day late, this is my contribution this week. I think I need more practice. Below is a 3 minute line drawing to show what it should look like.

BTW it was very difficult not to look at the paper with my peripheral vision. Am I a natural cheat?