I think I'm not in a good place at the moment as even when I saw my pictures hung, I had negative thoughts...
- The framing is wrong. The framers reduced the area of the pictures, not a problem on the 1st two, but I took the last one to my edges and had to trim it to get it in the mount. I was non-specific about sizes, and they cut a narrower mount than I envisaged, which I also didn't specify. Live and learn!
- They look so small. Everyone had huge paintings.
- I shouldn't have brought the third piece as it's not as good as the other two.
- I should have worked harder and done more pieces.
- The exhibition space is not good.
|15th Street Mosque, Khartoum|
Am I alone in this experience? Am I the only one who hasn't bounced for joy at their first exhibition? I would love to hear your experiences.
- I took part in an exhibition.
- I got some finished pieces done, instead of just sketching.
- I do not know what interest may have been generated.
- Everyone has to start somewhere.
- The event was a success for the organisers. (I must stop being so egotistical in my positive thinking.)