Saturday, November 21, 2009

25th SketchCrawl - Muscat

For this special 25th SketchCrawl, a friend and I went out sketching here in Oman . We had to crawl on Friday as we work on Saturdays (the official SketchCrawl day) and we wanted the opportunity to sketch as much as possible. We started at 9.30am and finished during lunch around 2.30. Very tired, but very satisfied.

Here are my results for the day, I am especially pleased with the first drawing.
Image
I thought I'd do some details:
Image

I was using a different sketchbook to normal and discovered it doesn't take watercolour, so this was my only colour sketch of the day.
Image
We both drew this gate
Image

Then we moved on to Harmel a little fishing village. Distracted, I took lots of photos of the kids playing in the sea and on the beach, and did a couple of quick drawings. 
  Here we are, the Muscat SketchCrawlers:
Image
We haven't had a fight... I was sketching a building, whilst Mark sketched a boat and the sea. FYI I don't normally dress like this, but it is a conservative Omani village, and we were there at the time of Friday prayers, so I covered up. This is the building, and following USk's recent theme, I sketched some more power lines..
Image


Finally,I drew these over lunch at the marina. (I'd recommend the Hammour). A man talking at the next table
Image
and the British Ambassador's residence.
Image

It was a fabulous day drawing, although I was very tired afterwards, I am very happy with the results. I don't know which country I will be in for the next sketchcrawl, but I am already looking forward to it.