Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Couple from this week



           Last Thursday, I started this watercolour on Al Bustan Village beach whilst waiting to see a friend. I finished it by adding the colour to the rocks earlier this week. It seems a bit murky, but that's how it has scanned, the original, I think, is quite bright and clean. The sketch of the port, posted earlier, was drawn a couple of hours later and is 20 minutes drive from the village.

The pen & ink sketch was done in the Turkish House restaurant. As the friend I was having dinner with was stuck in traffic, and I have always loved their cute tissue box, I took the opportunity to draw it. On Urban Sketchers the drawings are often of the buildings, but unless there are people who catch my eye the interiors of restaurants and cafes do nothing for me. Each to their own I guess.