Saturday, January 15, 2011

IF - Chicken

Shropshire Hen House. Pen &  ink. 245x165mm. ©Sue Pownall 2011

This week's Illustration Friday prompt was Chicken. I was inspired by the quote that came with the prompt:
"Regard it as just as desirable to build a chicken house as to build a cathedral." Frank Lloyd Wright.
Instantly, I knew I wanted to draw an old hen house and I found the prefect reference photo on flickr taken by Dick Warren. If you check it out, you will see that I have changed the left wall, which was corrugated iron like the roof, and altered it slightly to make a better composition.

Next Saturday 22nd January is the 30th Worldwide SketchCrawl and will be the 3rd in Doha. Anyone out there who wants to join me, please email me and we can arrange to meet.

Finally, a BIG THANK YOU to all my followers; artofanomad reached 100 this week. My new facebook business page has already reached 43 likes, which is tremendous in the 2 weeks since I set it up.