Friday, June 11, 2010

EDiM - missing vegetable(s) تبولة‎

I still haven't ventured to the fruit & veg stall, but when my dinner was delivered last night, how could I resist drawing the chopped vegetables in the tabouleh??? It was so beautifully presented, (maybe to make up for the chef's inability to cook?) with great colours that I wish I had some watercolour paper left. Anyway, I did the best with the line drawing before I got too hungry and had to eat it.

The photo below is how it arrived, but certainly didn't look like that shortly afterwards as I ate it whilst drawing. Here's the vegetables I got to draw, albeit chopped up, plus cucumber and the olives, which I guess are actually fruit:
Tabbouleh (Arabic: تبولة‎; also tabouleh or tab(b)ouli) is a Levantine salad dish.
Its primary ingredients are finely chopped parsley, bulgur, mint, tomato, spring onion, and other herbs with lemon juice, olive oil and various seasonings, generally including black pepper and sometimes cinnamon and allspice. (source Wikipedia)