Wednesday, June 30, 2010

EDM #18 Draw the view from a window... V2

As I wrote in my last post, with the second exam on Monday I drew the view out of the window. It was only a class test and not part of the evaluation, so if someone looked sideways it was not too important.

I know a bad workman blames his tools, but I struggled with this. I'm still using the horrible Koh-i-noor 0.05, which I don't like for it's lack of blackness. I've injured my last Staedtlar 0.1, so it's working like a 0.5 or fatter. Finally, there's the small moleskin. I've never had one before, and I know there is a watercolour version available (in a strange landscape format), but I hate how the normal sketchbook does not take washes well. Anyway, I added the colour at the hotel and then did some more drawing on site on Tuesday morning.