Saturday, October 16, 2010

29th World Wide SketchCrawl

The page fell out of my W&N sketchbook!

Today was great! I connected with two other sketchers here in Doha, Mahmoud & Nasrin, and we spent several hours in Souq Waqif. I arrived early so did my first sketch of the Qatar Islamic Cultural Centre as I waited. I just love the shape of this building.

When Mahmoud arrived we set off in search of inspiration, which we found in the form of a porter asleep in his barrow. Unfortunately, he woke before we had finished, so we headed to a café.
Mahmoud drawing the porter.
Mahmoud did an amazing pencil sketch of some old boats, and after a couple of false starts I painted the souq (above). Nasrin had joined us at the café and did a nice picture of a balcony in pencil.
My sketch of the porter.
Moving along the souq, we chose another café where Mahmoud drew an alley, Nasrin worked on another building, and I sketched a few shisha smokers, unsuccessfully as they kept changing position. My final sketch of the day was of the blue doors, which Mahmoud had pointed out.
 I had a fabulous day. Thank you Mahmoud & Nasrin.
Three Doha sketchers.
Dont' forget to checkout the other fabulous results for 29th SketchCrawl at www.sketchcrawl.com, which was founded by Enrico Casarosa.