Saturday, February 6, 2010

IF - muddy

Cygnus atratus
 Illustration Friday's theme of muddy provides the perfect excuse to draw a muddy duck a.k.a. a swan.

I found this quite difficult, not because of the subject matter, but because I have been drawing larger these last few months. Last week, I bought a pad of A4 paper for line work because I am not sure how long I am staying in Turin, and do not want to pay shipping cost through accumulating lots of art equipment. False economy, as I will buy a bigger pad this week, and so have two new pads. Although, considering the amount of ink needed for this size it may have been a good thing. What's more, I did a lovely loose initial sketch, but as soon as picked up my pen I got all precious and tight. Aaaargh

My reference came from the Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust (WWT) who are a UK conservation organisation saving wetlands for wildlife and people across the world. Check out their website. As 2010 is the International Year of Biodiversity this could be one way you can help.

I will be auctioning this picture for charity... please keep an eye on this blog for details soon.